These sorts of nutter plans always seem to have a lengthy list of rules and criteria to follow, so I suppose I'll try that out. The rules, (which may change and evolve at my whim):
- 52 skeins in 52 weeks does not absolutely mean a skein a week, it just means that I'll have spun 52 total skeins in 52 weeks time.
- My husband says I should define "skein" so that there is no gray area. Each "skein" of yarn will contain a minimum of 2 ounces of fiber, spun and finished by me in the manner of my choosing. Thus, a finished skein of singles can count toward my total if it weighs 2 ounces and I have no intention of ever plying it.
- To add a little romance to the basketry, I intend to use only fiber I already have in my existing stash.
- In an effort to make the previous rule easier to swallow, I am going to stop accruing more fiber stash for the duration of this little enterprise. Obviously, fiber clubs and MS&W purchases are exempt from this rule, and it is very possible that I won't be able to stop myself if something really amazing pops up on etsy.
- I intend to record my progress here on this blog, and promise at least one photo of each finished skein.